DO NOT CONTACT ME WITH ANY SORT OF JOB OFFER, unless you are responding to an application that I filed with your organization.
I may also be found on various community-type websites, in decreasing order of frequency of use:
- Fediverse: @email@example.com (formerly @firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Newsblur: zwol
- Sourcehut: zackw
- Stack Overflow and relatives: zwol
- Dreamwidth: zwol (no longer updated)
- Twitter: elwoz (no longer updated)
I won’t respond to invitations to new social networking websites; it’s not you, it’s the medium.
zwol, which I use whenever possible, is my first
wol, as in the owl from the Pooh stories.
It has nothing to do with the moribund webcomic at zwol.org, although I did read that when
it was still updating.
I have a PGP key should you wish to send me something s3kr1t. The fingerprint is
4096R/6769AA64 82F8 54F3 CE73 174B 8B63 1740 91FC C32B 6769 AA64
I used to use another key, but it is quite old and has now been revoked:
1024D/797DC75F A29C E8FD 999C 5BB4 C446 978F 51C6 3320 797D C75F
Answers to Frequent Rhetorical Questions
Over a decade ago, this site ran on Wordpress, which meant I got a lot of spam comments, some of which felt like they deserved some sort of response. In no particular order:
- Thank you for your kind words.
- My contact information is at the top of the page you are reading right now.
- I am not interested in carrying advertising on this site.
- If you want to know how this site is constructed, please see the colophon.
- I don’t worry about people
content;I encourage the reproduction and dissemination of my writing. That’s why it’s CC licensed. If you do something interesting with my writing, like the old post on boxes with rounded corners that someone translated into Russian (or a close relative), and you tell me about it, I may well link to it.
- If anything, I think I should be striving to make my posts shorter, not longer.
- No, I don’t think my usual topics could be improved by the addition of photos, stock or otherwise.
- I am quite happy with my SEO the way it is, thanks.
- I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about wireless repeaters.
- What video? There has never been any video here.