I prefer, by orders of magnitude, email to any other communication medium. My address is .
I may also be found on various community-type websites, in decreasing order of frequency of use:
- Twitter: elwoz
- Newsblur: zwol
- Stack Overflow and relatives: zwol
- Github: zackw
- Flickr: zackw
- Keybase: zackw
- Dreamwidth: zwol
- LinkedIn: Zack Weinberg
- Facebook: Zack Weinberg
- Google+: Zack Weinberg
Of the above, only Twitter, Newsblur, the Stack family, and Github are any real use if you want to communicate with me; I rarely look at the others. I won’t respond to invitations to new social networking websites; it’s not you, it’s the medium.
zwol is my first initial plus
wol, as in the owl from the Pooh stories. It has nothing to do with the moribund webcomic at zwol.org, although I did read that when it was still updating. Someone else is
zwol on Twitter so I have to settle for a mangled version.
I have a PGP key should you wish to send me something s3kr1t. The fingerprint is
4096R/6769AA64 82F8 54F3 CE73 174B 8B63 1740 91FC C32B 6769 AA64
I used to use another key, but it is quite old and has now been revoked:
1024D/797DC75F A29C E8FD 999C 5BB4 C446 978F 51C6 3320 797D C75F
Answers to Frequent Rhetorical Questions
Every time I go through my spam queue I find questions or comments that could be real, if not for the fact that I’ve seen them dozens of times before, and/or the site they’re obviously shilling for. Still, I feel like they deserve some sort of response, so here are mine, in no particular order.
- Thank you for your kind words.
- My contact information is at the top of the page you are reading right now.
- I am not interested in carrying advertising on this site.
- If you want to know how this site is constructed, please see the colophon.
- Why yes, I do get a lot of spam. Akismet helps, but is less effective than I’d like. Suggestions welcome.
- I don’t worry about people
content;I encourage the reproduction and dissemination of my writing. That’s why it’s CC licensed. If you do something interesting with my writing, like the old post on boxes with rounded corners that someone translated into Russian (or a close relative), and you tell me about it, I may well link to it.
- If anything, I think I should be striving to make my posts shorter, not longer.
- No, I don’t think my usual topics could be improved by the addition of photos, stock or otherwise.
- I am quite happy with my SEO the way it is, thanks.
- I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about wireless repeaters.
- What video? There has never been any video here. Move along.